Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jungle

I chose to do a Ecology photo series based on Uptown Charlotte for a few reasons...first of all, I'm not one to really go out in the woods or anything very often. I don't have any problem with it, but I was naturally drawn to tall buildings for this project rather than tall trees. Also, I thought most people would likely do a project based on the outdoors and I like doing what I expect others not to do. Someone giggled when I said that in class but it's true...I don't see any problem with having that attitude towards these projects. I really want mine to stand out and be memorable. 

As I said in my presentation, I chose the colors that I did because I wanted the series to stand out and make the buildings allude to being a forest. 

I was inspired by thermal imagery, Virgil Abloh and Joe Perez for this project.

Below, view a few unedited raw pics that I took for this project.





No comments:

Post a Comment